How much improvement can I expect ?
This graphic shows the effect of different color balancing techniques.
The combined effect of using both the GreyBalanceCard and the ColorCard clearly
gives more accurate color.
Top row images:
Bottom row images:
- Residual color cast using the camera's Auto White Balance (AWB)
- Improved by using the CTrax GreyBalanceCard and camera Custom White Balance (CWB)
- Little benefit from Photoshop CS4 Auto Adjust of the previous CWB image
- Improvement via Picasa 3.8 correction based on CWB + 24ColorCard image
- Better balance via CS4 Auto Adjust based on CWB + 24ColorCard image
- Further refined via CS4 Selective Color based on CWB + 24ColorCard image