How does the CT-EyeChart© Test work ?
The PhotoShop image will be near-pertect while the photograph will be fuzzy.
If the PhotoShop and Photograph images require the same number of pixels ...
- Imagine a random pattern of precisely printed characters ... And then ...
- Shrink the pattern with PhotoShop so they are only 50% readable ... And ...
- Photograph the original pattern from a distance so they are only 50% readable.
- This makes the test independent of the image content.
However, if the photographic image requires more pixels, then ...
- Then they would have equal visual clarity.
- The camera has a lower visual clarity than its Mpix rating!
- Digital camera Clarity does not equal Mpix Rating !
- Under full-auto JPEG mode, a DSLR Clarity is only about Half !